Incredible shopping, delicious food and drink, famous sporting events, superb arts scene, and stunning architecture, Melbourne has it all.
Known as Australia's 'little Europe', Melbourne has a very continental feel to it with its historical buildings, beautiful parks, riverside position, and multi-cultural influences. Discover the city by foot or hop on one of the trams that run throughout, transporting you to the seaside at St Kilda, or to the bohemian suburb of Fitzroy where you can discover unique shopping and places to eat at Brunswick Street.
Right on the doorstep of Mantra City Central, you will find just about every high street store imaginable, from high end to bargain basement. Lose yourself in Melbourne's famous laneways, which weave a maze across the city. Discover a treasure trove of restaurants, bars, cafes, galleries and boutique shops.
Melbourne also has a great sporting culture, and you'll often see recreational games of AFL or cricket being played the city's many parks. The city hosts many celebrated sporting fixtures including the Grand Prix, the Australian Open tennis, the Melbourne Cup, and the AFL finals.
Here are just some of the great things to do that are right on your doorstep:
- Next door to Emporium Melbourne
- Melbourne’s GPO
- Federation Square 900km walk
- Bourke Street Mall 110m walk
- Bourke St/Swanston St Tram Station, 300 metre walk
- St Kilda 7.5km drive
- Luna Park 7.7km drive
- Southbank 1.8km drive
- Eureka Skydeck 1.2 km drive
- Queen Victoria Market 1km walk
- The Shrine of Remembrance 3km walk
- St. Paul's Cathedral / Flinders St Station 750m walk
- Melbourne Zoo 3.7km walk
- Melbourne City Baths
- Old Melbourne Gaol
Melbourne events not to miss
- Grand Prix - March
- AFL Finals - September
- Melbourne Cup - November
- Australian Open Tennis - January
- Chinese New Year - January
- Melbourne International Comedy Festival - March-April
- Melbourne Food and Wine Festival - February-March
- Melbourne Fashion Festival - March
- Melbourne Marathon - October
- Moomba - March
- New Year's Eve fireworks - December