The Olsen is set in the premier location of Chapel Street, South Yarra. There are a range of ways you can get to The Olsen from the major airports and Melbourne's CBD.
Chapel Street is one of Melbourne’s favourite cultural hubs. A myriad of restaurants, modern galleries, and chic boutiques line the streets, creating a bustling atmosphere and heady mixture of local and international style right on your doorstep.
The Yarra River winds its way through the city centre, connecting monuments from Chapel St to Federation Square and Southbank through to the Royal Botanic Gardens. The river is a real focal point of the city, and many say that Melbourne “grew from the banks of the Yarra”.
Since being built in 1853, The Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) has been Melbourne’s most iconic sporting venue. Every year, more than four million people come to “the ‘g” to experience one of more than eighty events, including cricket test matches, rugby State of Origin games and the annual AFL Grand Final.
Things to do in Melbourne
- Bourke Street Mall
- Melbourne Central shopping
- Free City Circle trams
- Lonsdale Street Greek Precinct
- Federation Square
- National Gallery of Victoria
- Melbourne Aquarium
- Eureka Tower
- Flinders St Station
Melbourne events not to miss
- Grand Prix - March
- AFL Finals - September
- Melbourne Cup - November
- Australian Open Tennis - January
- Chinese New Year - January
- Melbourne International Comedy Festival - March-April
- Melbourne Food and Wine Festival - February-March
- Melbourne Fashion Festival - March
- ICC Cricket World Cup - February