From your location in Spring Hill, you’re ideally positioned to explore all that the diverse city of Brisbane has to offer. A short wander into the CBD will present you with an array of entertainment options. Spend a few hours enjoying the shopping in the Queen Street Mall, Wintergarden and the Myer Centre. Dotted throughout the Mall are an array of dining options, perfect for a quick shopping break and people watching. Meander through the City Botanic Gardens, in its beautiful riverside location it’s the perfect way to while away the afternoon.
Embrace the Brisbane nightlife with a trip down to Eagle Street Pier, your hardest decision will be deciding where to eat and drink. With a number of trendy restaurants and bars, whether you feel like modern Australian, Italian or Japanese you will be well catered for. To combine the culinary and cultural head over to the South Bank Arts Precinct, enjoy a Pre-Theatre meal or drink at Stone Restaurant & Bar and then enjoy a show at QPAC.
If you happen to be in Brisbane for an event at the RNA Showgrounds, you are perfectly positioned at Mantra Richmont Hotel. Whether you’re collecting show bags at the Ekka with the little ones, or enjoying your favourite band at a music festival, you can relax knowing your accommodation is only a short walk or 5 minute drive away. Another not to be missed event is RiverFest Festival of Brisbane, which includes Riverfire. The city comes to life with a jaw-dropping display of music, lights and fireworks.
If you feel like a day of adventuring, why not venture out to Mt Coot-tha Lookout to take in the view of the city from above, or catch a train down to the Gold Coast, where you can enjoy the theme parks and beautiful beaches. From Mantra Richmont Hotel, Brisbane and its surrounds are at your fingertips.
Things to do in Brisbane
- The Brisbane Wheel
- Gallery of Modern Art
- The Science Centre
- Queensland Museum
- Fig Tree Pocket Koala Sanctuary
- Brisbane Botanical Gardens
- Climb Mt Coot-tha Mountain
- Story Bridge Adventure Climb
- Victoria Park Golf Complex
- New Globe Theatre – Live Music venue
- Visit the Gold Coast via train
Brisbane events not to miss
- State of Origin - Throughout winter
- RiverFest Festival of Brisbane including Riverfire - September
- Ekka at the Showgrounds - August
- Valley Fiesta - November
- Brisbane Irish Festival - March
- Oktoberfest - October
- Brisbane International Tennis - January
- Australia Day Celebrations - January
- Chinese New Year - January or February
- Brisbane Boat Show - September
- Brisbane Truck Show - May
- Brisbane Marathon - August
- Brisbane International Film Festival - November