Visiting Mantra Twin Towns puts you in the heart of some of the Gold Coast’s most amazing destinations. Take the world-heritage-listed ancient Gondwana rainforest and endless expanses of unspoilt coastline, part of Australia’s Green Cauldron. Iconic beaches, world famous surf breaks and a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.
If shopping is on the agenda, just a 15-minute stroll away you'll find Centro Tweed for fashion, food and lots of fun shopping. The shopping continues at Showcase on the Beach, or you can relax at the magnificent Greenmount Beach by stopping in at the surf club for a refreshing drink or two.
For attractions within a 30-minute drive you’ll find Palm Beach and The Star Gold Coast. Of course you have all the excitement of Twin Towns Service Club on your doorstep, including world-class shows, restaurants and music that will keep you entertained day and night.
There’s plenty of adventure to be had as well. Scuba diving, skydiving, surfing, deep sea fishing, whale watching, helicopter and scenic flights are all within easy reach. While you’re taking advantage of the great Queensland outdoors, take some time out to relax in the picturesque picnic spots and the endless miles of sandy white beaches.
Swim, explore, hire a bicycle, go for a bush walk or learn to surf in the friendly Gold Coast surf schools. The Tweed and Southern Gold Coast’s sub-tropical climate is perfect for fun all year round, with plenty of sunshine and average daily temperatures of 19-29°C in Summer and 11-21°C in Winter.
Twin Towns is just 10 minutes’ drive from the Gold Coast Airport, 30 minutes’ drive to Surfers Paradise, an hour and 20 minutes’ drive to Brisbane International Airport, 40 minutes to Byron Bay and an hour’s flight from Sydney.
Things to do in Coolangatta
- Twin Towns Services Club – walk through covered walkway
- Coolangatta Beach – 300 metre walk
- Tweed River – 100 metre walk
- Outback Spectacular – 45km drive
- Gold Coast hinterland – 30km drive
- Surfers Paradise – 34 km drive
- Snapper Rocks Picnic Ground and Lookout – 1km walk
- Tweed Maritime Museum – 4.9km drive
- Byron Bay – 67 km drive
- Down Under Charters – 1.4 km walk
Coolangatta events not to miss
- Tweed Valley Country Roots Festival - 30 September - 2nd October 2017
- Sand Safari, Australian Sand Sculpting - February
- Quicksilver/Roxy Pro - March
- Bleach Festival - March/April
- The Australian Surf Life Saving Championships - March/April
- Cooly Classic Ocean Swim - April
- Surfers Paradise Festival - April
- Gold Coast Triathlon - April
- Blues on Broadbeach Music Festival - May
- Gold Coast International Marine Expo - May
- Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show - May
- Cooly Rocks On - June
- Gold Coast Airport Marathon - July
- Broadbeach Jazz Festival - August
- V8 Supercars Gold Coast 600 - October