Mantra The Observatory is situated in Port Macquarie on the North Coast of New South Wales, approximately four and a half hours’ drive from Sydney and six hours’ by car from Brisbane. A popular destination doted on by its loyal visitors; you’ll be surprised by how much is on offer when you holiday at Port Macquarie.
From exploring the region’s endless coastline where you can watch dolphins frolicking in the waters below, to touring the regions wineries and farmland, or journeying through time at the Port Macquarie museum, the diversity of activities and attractions is almost boundless.
Discover the town’s finest food fare at the many cafes and restaurants located throughout the area, or taste the regions locally produced wine at the surrounding vineyards. Sightsee the region at your own pace or book a tour and launch your holiday with a boat cruise, camel safari, fishing trip or surfing lesson. Visit a local farm and pick fresh strawberries, sample homemade cheeses, olives, honey and nuts.
The renowned Port Macquarie coastal walk in Sea Acres National Park will give you a true appreciation of just how vast the coastline is, and provides numerous opportunities to relax with spectacular vantage points to enjoy a picnic and view sea life along the way.
If you’re flying into Port Macquarie, you’ll find the airport located just five kilometres from the town centre on Boundary Street. Port Macquarie can be reached by car from Sydney, Brisbane, Newcastle and New England within a days’ drive, making it highly accessible holiday destination.
For more ideas on things to do while staying at Mantra The Observatory in Port Macquarie, please talk to the reservations team, as we are more than happy to assist.
Things to do in Port Macquarie
- Bellrowan Valley Horse Riding
- Hello Koalas Sculpture Trail
- Timbertown Heritage Theme Park
- Sea Acres Rainforest Centre
- Billabong Koala And Aussie Wildlife Park
- Port Macquarie Koala Hospital
- Camel Safaris
- Ricardoes Tomatoes and Strawberry Farm
- Port Macquarie Observatory
- Hydro Golf
- Ten Pin Bowling
- Kids Crazy Maze
- Mid-North Coast Maritime Museum at Port Macquarie
- Port Macquarie Museum
- Local Markets
Events in Port Macquarie
- Port Macquarie Sunday Markets – 2nd and 4th Sunday of each month
- Hastings Farmers Markets – 2nd Saturday of each month
- Ironman Australia – April/May
- NSW Junior State Touch Competition – Feb
- NSW Touch Association State Cup - December
- Port Macquarie running festival – March