Staying in Surfers Paradise means you can take advantage of everything the Gold Coast has to offer. The theme parks are here – Dreamworld, Movieworld, Seaworld, Wet ’n’ Wild, WhiteWater World as well as Outback Aussie Spectacular. You’ve got The Star Gold Coast if you’re feeling lucky and of course the famous Gold Coast beaches. There’s fun to be had throughout Surfers Paradise, from the golden beaches, to great shopping and excellent dining.
Talk to our tour desk about the wide choice of activities. Take a day trip to Mount Tamborine in the hinterland, visit a winery, or simply browse the nearby shops and sample the food at local restaurants. Hire a jetski and take in the waters from a new perspective or soar majestically over it all in a hot air balloon. There are Segways, Aquaduck Tours, Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary and a great mixture of art and craft markets.
You can spend a day at the races at Kingston Park or get another type of adrenalin rush going while you’re there with a thrilling bungy jump. Depending on the time of year you visit the Gold Coast you’ll find all types of exciting events from the Gold Coast 600 to Coolangatta Gold Festival of Surf.
Eating’s always a pleasure at the many Gold Coast surf clubs dotted along the coast line or you can watch a whale if the season is right.
In the mood to be a little amazed – visit Ripley’s Believe It or Not or go all out and spend a night at Draculas. Putt Putt Golf is available for a little family fun. You’ve got food and wine trails, farmers markets and fresh seafood to be bought straight off the boats. You can’t go past the Gold Coast for all round entertainment and Mantra on View Hotel is in the centre of it all.
Things to do on the Gold Coast
- Theme Parks
- Night markets on the Esplanade – Each Wednesday, Friday and Sunday night
- Q1 Sky Point/ Sky Point climb
- Big game fishing
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
- Marina Mirage River Cruises
- Super Duck Adventure Tours
- Southern Cross Day Tours
- Tamborine Rainforest Skywalk
Gold Coast events not to miss
- Magic Millions Racing Carnival – January
- Bleach Festival - March/April
- Surfers Paradise Festival – April
- Cooly Classic Ocean Swim - April
- Blues on Broadbeach Music Festival - May
- Cooly Rocks On - June
- Gold Coast Airport Marathon - July
- Gold Coast 600 V8 supercars – October