Surrounded by stunning mountain scenery, sitting on picturesque Lake Wakatipu, the small town of Queenstown is densely packed with bars and restaurants, shops and businesses.
A mecca for pleasure seekers, Queenstown has emerged as one of the foremost adventure centres in the world, with snow sports throughout the winter at the nearby Remarkables ski fields, as well as year round thrill sports including bungy jumping, jet boating and skydiving.
The perfect place to indulge in gourmet food and wines, Queenstown's streets and laneways are bustling with inviting eateries. Whether you're up for some fine dining or a quick takeaway, the standard of food in Queenstown is hard to beat. Settle in at one of Queenstown's boutique bars with log fire blazing as you sample some of the local pinots.
Things to do in Queenstown
- Skyline Gondola
- Jet Boating
- TSS Earnslaw
- Bungy Jumping
- Milford and Doubtful Sounds
- Milford Walking Track
- Scenic bike riding trails
- White water rafting
Queenstown events not to miss
- BMW New Zealand Open - March
- Gibbston Wine and Food Festival - March
- Queenstown Bike Festival - April
- Millbrook Masters Golf Tournament - October
- Queenstown International Marathon - November
- Queenstown Winter Festival - June