Adelaide is a mecca of great food, fine wines, cutting-edge fashion and world-famous festivals. It's also home to some of Australia's most iconic sporting venues, including the Adelaide Oval and Memorial Drive Tennis Club.
Known as the 20-minute city, everything worth seeing or doing is no more than a 20 minute drive from the CBD - which is great when you're only here for a short time.
Once you've checked out Adelaide's inner-city attractions such as the Adelaide Central Market, Adelaide Zoo, Botanic Gardens and Art Gallery of South Australia and South Australian Museum, hail a taxi and take a short ride to Hyde Park, Unley, Norwood or North Adelaide where you can grab a great pub lunch and stock up on some designer labels.
If the weather's warm, jump on a bus or tram and head to Adelaide's most popular beaches for a dip in the ocean and a sunset drink at cosmopolitan Glenelg, Henley Beach or Semaphore.
Ready to head out of town? Talk to our reception staff about doing a food and wine tour of the world-famous wine regions. Sip Shiraz in the Barossa Valley, relax with a Riesling in the Clare Valley or kick back with a big red in the Coonawarra. We have nine wine regions, all within 90 minutes of the city centre. The toughest part is picking only one or two!
Just a 30 minute flight from Adelaide Airport, or quick ferry ride from Cape Jervis, is Kangaroo Island - one of Australia's most spectacular natural tourist spots. Get up close and personal with sea lions, feast on world-famous cheeses, explore caves and hang out at secluded beaches. The kids will love it!
We'll help you discover what sets South Australia apart from other Australian States. And we promise you'll want to keep coming back.
Things to do in Adelaide
- Adelaide Zoo
- Adelaide Central Market
- Art Gallery of South Australia
- South Australian Museum
- Glenelg, Henley and Semaphore beaches
- Botanic Gardens
- Adelaide Oval
- Adelaide Festival Centre
- Wine regions - Barossa Valley, Adelaide Plains, Adelaide Hills, McLaren Vale, Southern Fleurieu, Currency Creek, Langhorne Creek and Clare Valley
Adelaide events not to miss
- World Tennis Challenge - January
- Tour Down Under - January
- WOMADelaide - March
- Clipsal 500 - March
- Adelaide Festival - February/March
- Adelaide Fringe - February/March
- International Rugby 7s - March or April
- Tasting Australia - April/May
- Adelaide Caberet Festival - June
- South Australian Living Arts - July
- Royal Adelaide Show - September
- Bay to Birdwood - September
- Christmas Pageant - November
- Feast Festival - November
- Adelaide International Guitar Festival - November
- Classic Adelaide - November