The diversity of this stunning tropical region is incredible, offering the best of both worlds for a tropical holiday experience of a lifetime. On one hand you have two World Heritage-listed attractions, the Great Barrier Reef and the Daintree Rainforest with all their amazing nature and water activities including daily boat trips out to the reef. While on the other hand you can experience a cosmopolitan mix of boutique shopping, fine dining, spa and leisure facilities, as well as the art, crafts and local culture that all combine to comprise the appeal of this coastal haven.
Port Douglas is located just an hour north of Cairns and with over 50 cafes and restaurants serving up everything from pub favourites to gourmet delicacies, food fans will be in heaven.
Whether you're in the mood to get active or put your feet up and relax with a lazy day on the golden sand or at an indulgent day spa, you'll find something to suit your style. Highlights are sure to include the sailing, diving and snorkelling, or nature lovers can spot everything from crocodiles to koalas and enjoy a tranquil national park visit.
Things to do in the area
- Great Barrier Reef - Diving, snorkelling, scenic flights
- Kuranda Scenic Rail/Skyrail
- Daintree Rainforest
- Marlin Marina
- Four Mile Beach
- Marina Mirage wharf
- Tjapukai Aboriginal Cultural Park
- Sailing Tours
- Fishing Tours
Events not to miss
- Sunset Markets at the Marina - Every Wednesday
- Anzac Park Markets - Every Sunday
- Seafood Extravaganza - May
- Port Douglas Carnivale - May
- Coral Coast Triathlon - June
- Taste Port Douglas - August