The only question you'll be asking yourself is why didn't we stay longer?
There's so much to do on Queensland's Gold Coast that you might just have trouble deciding. This is Australia's premier holiday destination and the action and attractions are absolute proof.
The choice of things to do is endless but we've listed a few of our favourites here. Check out our tour desk for interesting markets, amusement parks and parlours, picnic parks, great places to swim and fish, where to shop for what you want and the all the favourite past-times the Gold Coast has to offer.
The Gold Coast is also home to some of the most exciting events in the world like the Gold Coast 600 V8 Supercars in October, along with the Gold Coast Marathon in July. There are other fabulous events such as the Australian Surf Lifesaving Championship, the Quicksilver and Roxy Pro Surfing Championship, the Gold Coast Magic Million Horse Racing Carnival and Sales and the Broadbeach Jazz Festival.
Below are some of the most popular attractions on the Gold Coast.
Things to do in the Gold Coast
- Pacific Fair Shopping Centre
- WhiteWater World
- Sea World
- Movie World
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
- Whale Watching
- Surfing lessons
- Whale watching
- Wave Break Island
- South Stradbroke Island
- Indoor Go Karting
- Laser Skirmish
- Metricon Stadium
- Habour Town
Gold Coast events not to miss
- Quicksilver/Roxy Pro - March
- Sand Safari, Australian Sand Sculpting - February
- Bleach Festival - March/April
- Cooly Classic Ocean Swim - April
- Surfers Paradise Festival - April
- Gold Coast Triathlon - April
- The Australian Surf Life Saving Championships - March/April
- Blues on Broadbeach Music Festival - May
- Gold Coast International Marine Expo - May
- Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show - May
- Cooly Rocks On - June
- Gold Coast Airport Marathon - July
- Broadbeach Jazz Festival - August
- V8 Supercars Gold Coast 600 - October