With Chatswood just 10 kilometres from the centre of Sydney city, this prominent north shore suburb lets you enjoy the exciting vibe of cosmopolitan dining, shopping, entertainment and culture.
This thriving area has become popular with corporate travellers and tourists, being only 26 kilometres from the airport and an ideal base for conducting business or sightseeing throughout Sydney.
An efficient public transport system means a train ride from Chatswood will have you arriving at the CBD in just 20 minutes, where you can see the famous city landmarks such as the Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge and Circular Quay. Or closer to Chatswood are the popular tourist spots such as Luna Park, Taronga Zoo and Olympic Park.
Chatswood has cool weekly markets and spectacular shopping, boasting large shopping centres and department stores through to trendy upmarket fashion boutiques, including Westfield Chatswood, Metro Chatswood, Chatswood Chase, Myer and David Jones.
A recent addition is The Concourse, which is a mix of venues for live theatre, dance, music, events and exhibitions, along with quality restaurants and cafés. There are many other options for eating out in Chatswood, known for fantastic Chinese yum cha and other Asian cuisine including Thai, Japanese Korean, Mongolian and Taiwanese.
Things to do in Sydney
- Circular Quay
- Sydney Opera House
- Taronga Zoo
- Luna Park
- The Concourse Chatswood
- Zenith Theatre
- Olympic Park
- Chatswood Melody Market (Thursdays and Fridays 10am-9pm)
- Chatswood Park
- Chatswood Westfield Shopping Town
Sydney events not to miss
- Sydney Running Festival - September
- Bledisloe Cup - August
- NRL Grand Final - September
- Sydney Festival - January
- Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras - February-March
- Tropfest - February-March
- Chinese New Year Festival - February-March
- Royal Easter Show - March-April
- Australian Fashion Week - April-May
- Sydney Writers' Festival - April-May
- Sydney Film Festival - June-July
- City To Surf - August
- Sydney Design Week - August
- Manly Jazz Festival - September-October
- Good Food Month - September-October
- Darling Harbour Latin Festival - September-October
- Sculpture By The Sea - November-December
- Sydney to Hobart Yacht Race - November-December
- New Year's Eve - November-December