Christchurch in New Zealand’s South Island is oozing with history, culture and beautiful scenery, and BreakFree on Cashel is positioned in the heart of this wonderful destination. With lots of interesting heritage sites throughout, if you’re a history buff you’ll find Christchurch an intriguing place to visit and this Christchurch hotel puts you in the centre of it all.
Known as the ‘Garden City’ due to its manicured gardens and parks which bring the city to life, the scenery in Christchurch is second to none, with the area painted in different shades of floral colour depending on the time of year. The jewel of Christchurch’s flora is Hagley Park, where you can try river punting and explore the waterways.
Culture plays a large role in the daily life of Christchurch, with New Zealand’s Maori heritage celebrated with local performances, and an array of art galleries, dance, film, museums, and theatre shows to keep you entertained.
From white water rafting, to bungy jumping, skiing, wildlife watching, gondola rides, winery visits, and discovering New Zealand’s native fauna and flora, Christchurch offers everything you could want from your New Zealand holiday.
Public transport is frequent within the city, and at BreakFree on Cashel you can purchase your tickets at reception so you won’t have to worry about how you’ll get from A to B. There is a bus stop just 200m meters from the hotel, providing ease of access to Christchurch’s main sites and attractions.
- AMI Stadium – 2km drive
- International Antarctic Centre – 11km drive
- Ballantynes Department Store – 500m walk
- Canterbury Museum – 1.3km drive
- Christchurch Botanic Gardens – 3km drive
- Hagley Park – 1.9km walk
- New Brighton Beach – 8.6km drive
- Christchurch Gondola – 9.3km drive
- Orana Park – 21km drive
- Pegasus Town and Winery – 56.3km drive
- Alpine Jet Thrills – 74.5km drive
- Mount Hutt Ski Field – 117km drive
- Willowbank Wildlife Reserve – 11.2km
- Christchurch Tramway – 230m walk
- White water rafting (Rangitata Rafts) – 152km drive
- Feb/March – LPGA golf tournament
- March to July – Super 15 rugby matches
- January – World Buskers Festival
- February – Festival of Flowers
- March – The Great Kiwi Beer Festival
- April – International Jazz and Blues Festival
- May – Christchurch Airport Marathon
- August – Christchurch Arts Festival
- September – The Body Festival
- November – Canterbury A&P Shows
- Every Saturday – Christchurch Farmers Markets