Broadbeach is renowned for hosting some of the Gold Coast's most iconic music events.
The annual Broadbeach Jazz Festival brings thousands of people together for a fantastic weekend of great music, food and wine against a spectacular coastal backdrop. Blues on Broadbeach, held every May, is one of Australia's leading blues festivals attracting people of all ages, from all walks of life. With its unique village atmosphere and relaxed vibe, this free festival showcases the best Australian talent and international headline acts.
Known as the cosmopolitan capital of the Gold Coast, this resort town is located on a pristine stretch of coastline ideal for walking, surfing, swimming and there is even a spot of whale-watching. A perfect spot for a family vacation, Broadbeach is lined with beautifully landscaped parks and gardens with walking tracks, children's play areas, picnic spots and plenty of open space to run around.
It is also the dining mecca of the Gold Coast and home to more than 100 restaurants, cafes and trendy eateries. Soak up the village atmosphere as you sip on a latte, share ice-cream with the kids, take in a leisurely lunch or enjoy an intimate dinner by candlelight. There's something for everyone.
When night falls, the fun begins. Try your luck at The Star Gold Coast or soak up the nightlife in one of the many piano bars, wine bars and clubs that line the main strip.
A trip to Broadbeach isn't complete without a stroll through the colorful Broadbeach art and craft markets held at Kurrawa Park on the first Sunday of every month. If local organic produce is your passion, head to the Farmers' Markets at Oracle Boulevard on the second Sunday of each month.
Things to do in the Gold Coast
- Pacific Fair Shopping Centre
- WhiteWater World
- Sea World
- Movie World
- Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
- Whale Watching
- Surfing lessons
- Wave Break Island
- South Stradbroke Island
- Indoor Go Karting
- Laser Skirmish
- Metricon Stadium
- Habour Town
- Trade Secret
Gold Coast events not to miss
- Sand Safari, Australian Sand Sculpting - February
- Quicksilver/Roxy Pro - March
- Bleach Festival - March/April
- The Australian Surf Life Saving Championships - March/April
- Cooly Classic Ocean Swim - April
- Surfers Paradise Festival - April
- Gold Coast Triathlon - April
- Blues on Broadbeach Music Festival - May
- Gold Coast International Marine Expo - May
- Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show - May
- Cooly Rocks On - June
- Gold Coast Airport Marathon - July
- Broadbeach Jazz Festival - August
- V8 Supercars Gold Coast 600 - October